Call for Abstracts
The National Surface Transportation Safety Center for Excellence (NSTSCE) at the Virginia Tech Transportation Institute (VTTI) is issuing a call for abstracts for papers and posters to be presented at the Seventh International Symposium on Naturalistic Driving Research (NDRS 2018). NDRS 2018 will be held in Blacksburg, Virginia on August 28-30, 2018 (Symposium on August 28 and 29, optional activities on August 30 to be announced later).
Abstracts will be reviewed by an internal panel with potential for acceptance for a podium presentation or poster. In addition, accepted applicants will be provided the opportunity to write a paper for consideration of inclusion in a special edition of the Journal of Safety Research subject to their normal review process (author instructions to be provided after acceptance of abstract).
We look forward to receiving abstracts for the following naturalistic driving research topic areas, although other topics will also be considered:
- Research using Canada Naturalistic Driving Studies
- Driver impairment
- Research using SHRP2 Naturalistic Driving Study data (including the InSight website)
- Truck and bus research
- International research
- Safety devices and techniques that enhance driver performance
- Roadway environment and infrastructure-based safety systems
- Safe mobility for vulnerable road users
- Motorcycle research
Abstracts limited to 750 words should be prepared using these instructions and template. All abstracts should be submitted to NDRS_Papers@vtti.vt.edu Questions may be directed to NDRS_Papers@vtti.vt.edu. Abstracts are due March 26, 2018.
- Abstract deadline: March 26, 2018
- Decision notification: May 2018
- Revised abstracts: due date announced Spring 2018